Friday, March 4, 2011

Zoya Danni

    Okay, so a spot of bad news... my computer cord recently started spitting fire and smoke so I think it's a good idea to maybe not use it anymore. I managed to do and schedule this post before my computer died, but with no power source and nothing good in the backlog, it's gonna be kind of dead round these parts until my replacement cord arrives. In the meantime, I've got Zoya Danni, from the Intimates Collection. 

Danni is a saturated lilac purple metallic base with silver and pink flecks of shimmer. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


     Although I normally have issues with light purples, Danni is one that I'm really glad to own. I was initially concerned that it would be too frosty, but despite all the shimmer, it nicely manages to avoid that pitfall. I can't even really explain how it looks, but trust me....it's beautiful, and utterly unique to boot. I can't think of a single polish that looks like Danni. And it gets extra points for sharing a name with one of my closest friends. 
 I was also really impressed with Danni's formula. It was a bit thick, but definitely not to the point where application was tough. On the contrary, it actually applied really smoothly...I had to wait a bit between coats to avoid dragging, but dry time was good so it wasn't much of a nuisance. Also good was the pigmentation....in the pictures, I've got on two coats of polish and one of topcoat.
 
And that is all I've got for today! Have a nice weekend, and see you guys next week!