Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Look Rich, Be Cheap

           HAPPY NEW YEAR!! *throws confetti* ^_^
Yep, it's the first day of a brand spanking new year and I'm still basking in that clean slate, anything is possible, it's a new year bitches feeling. Of course, being back in school will crush my spirit into a million sparkly pieces and extinguish all hope in my heart, but for now, I'm just gonna bask. :D
To celebrate this lovely day, I am wearing Look Rich, Be Cheap from Rescue Beauty Lounge's Spring Bling Collection.
Look Rich, Be Cheap is a bunch of small pale gold and amethyst hex glitter in a clear base. There's mostly gold glitter though.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       Look Rich, Be Cheap is a little iffy to me. One on hand, I love how spangly it is. The glitter nicely catches and reflects light, and in sunlight, it has a really luxe feel to it. Also, I like the color scheme. The purple glitter gives little pops of color, and the contrast with the gold glitter is pretty.
   However, the gold glitter itself is a bit of problem for me. I was hoping for a warmer, more classic gold. Instead, Look Rich, Be Cheap features gold glitter that is cooler in tone and actually looks a touch chartreuse to me. The shade of gold does lend the polish an extra dose of uniqueness, but at the same time, I think warm colors look better on me. Also, I hate chartreuse. Because of that, I probably won't wear this that much, although I don't regret purchasing.
  Formula-wise, Look Rich, Be Cheap was fine. It went on smoothly and dried quickly. In the pictures, I used four coats of polish and I'm satisfied with the coverage that I got. There are still patchy bits, but you can only see them if you look closely. I also used one layer of topcoat over the polish, and my nails are still pretty textured. For a really smooth and glassy finish, I think one would need about three layers of topcoat, but I wasn't trying to do all that.

And with that, I am all done for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Day!!