Friday, December 31, 2010

Sephora by OPI 212

          Happy New Year's Eve!! I know I said this already, but I just can't believe that the year is almost over. I made my resolutions and cleaned some stuff, but it's still so crazy to me. I'm a little sad too, because I hate odd-numbered years...terrible, awful things always happen to me in odd-numbered years. Except for that time I was born. But on to more relevant things, like the color I've been wearing for the past couple of days, Sephora by OPI 212. 


I know this is not the best picture...with the snow, it's hard to take pictures outside, and the lighting inside is kind of...iffy. But anyway, 212 is a hazy black creme base with lots of gold microglitter, lots of multi-sized duochrome flakies, and a little small holographic hex glitter. The flakies shift from orangey-gold to green, a la Nubar 2010. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
In this one, you can see a little bit of the holo glitter.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.



     Even though 212 leans extremely brown on me, I love it. The base is perfect in color, and instead of swallowing up the elements, it showcases them. In all lights, you really get to see the shimmer and flakies, and because the glitter is so spaced out, it completes the look instead of taking it over the top in a bad way. 
  Additionally, I love it as a representation of Manhattan (which it was named for). Manhattan is a cool place in that it really has split personality disorder. Sometimes it's Ru Paul and sometimes it's Jack the Ripper, if that makes sense. And I think this polish did a good job of displaying both of those sides. So claps and snaps for Sephora by OPI. 
  212's formula was okay. It went on smoothly and dried pretty quickly. I did find it a bit thin and runny, but it wasn't uncontrollable. And it was opaque in only two coats, although I ended up using three to get a bit more depth. Additionally, I only needed two layers of topcoat for a glassy finish, which is better than I expected. 212 did eat the first layer, but the second did the trick. 
  Even though I generally don't mess with $OPI, I would recommend 212, if it's your thing. The color is so utterly unique, and for me, worth the price.


I hope everyone has an amazing and safe New Year's Eve!! :D