Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Recycle

           Today, I've got on Rescue Beauty Lounge Recycle, which is the final polish in the order that I made during their 50% off sale a couple of months ago. It's so crazy how time goes though...it feels like I bought this a long time ago. 


Recycle is a slightly dark, blue-based forest green creme. 

Sunlight no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

       I'm so glad that I bought Recycle. Even though I had been lemming it for a long time, when the sale came and I had to make my list, I really did consider leaving Recycle off. Part of me thought that it would just be another green creme and that I'd be disappointed, and that part was absolutely wrong. Recycle is such a beautiful green polish, and I do not own anything quite like it. It's dark enough to be slightly edgy, but not so dark that it would intimidate people or be too much. Additionally, it has the perfect amount of blue and yellow in it...neither really overpowers the other, so it would be wearable for many skin tones. I'd definitely consider Recycle to be one of the more accessible greens in my collection, in that almost anyone can wear it for almost any occasion. Plus, it made my nails look longer. 
     As well as a lovely color, Recycle also boasts a flawless formula. It was opaque in two ultra-smooth and creamy coats, and since it was an excellent consistency and went exactly where I wanted it to, clean-up took all of two minutes. It did need some topcoat to give it a boost in the shine department, but it dried really fast. I went to bed like thirty minutes after application and woke up with no sheet marks. 
    With all of that said, I probably would not recommend Recycle to people who aren't really into greens, because it costs so much. If you're a hardcore green aficionado, you may not care. But for everyone else, idk if you wanna go that far. I mean...Recycle is a lovely color and the quality of the polish is excellent, but I don't think I'd pay $18 for it. What I paid ($9) was a bargain, because I'd pay up to $14 for Recycle, but $18 is kind of too much. 

  But that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a nice day! ^_^