Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sally Hansen Sequin Scandal

        Happy Hump Day ladies! Yesterday, my nails were looking extra jank thanks to cold weather and travelling, so I had to renubbinate. And fresh nubbins always call for a dark color, so for today, I have Sequin Scandal, from Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure Tracy Reese Fall 2010 Collection. 


Sequin Scandal is a very dark and murky olive green creme base packed with golden and copper multi-sized shimmer and some little white/opalescent flaky bits. You don't really see those unless you get close though. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     I had a ton of trouble tracking Sequin Scandal down. Either the damn display was nowhere to be found, or all the Sequin Scandal (and there were only two to a display) had been snatched up. Just when I gave up on it, I found one in the freezer section, behind some Lean Pockets. o_O People hide things in the craziest places. Anywho, now it's mine and I bet whoever put it back there was so salty when they came back to find it gone.  ^___^
   About the color itself, I likey. It's all sexy and deep, and I love how the shimmer looks when the sun catches it. It sparkles and glows, and is almost hypnotic in its prettiness. In lower light, Sequin Scandal not as nice, but it's still pretty enough. You can still see some of the shimmer, which keeps it from being all the way flat. But I'd definitely recommend wearing this on a sunny day for maximum enjoyment. Ooh, also, one thing that I did not like was the opalescent flaky bits. They don't change color or anything...they just sit there, all white-looking. I don't understand why they're there. And they made a polish that would have otherwise gone on smoothly go on a bit bumpy. 
  But aside from the thingy with the flakies, applying Sequin Scandal was very easy. I only needed two coats of color for full coverage, and the polish was drying nicely even before I added topcoat. The formula was also a nice consistency and very controllable, making cleanup minimal. 

And that is all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a nice night! :D