Sunday, January 30, 2011

OPI Glacier Bay Blues

         It's been a really long time since I've worn an OPI polish....I've been trying to get through my bottom drawer of untrieds to make room for more children, so I've completely neglected any brands that aren't in there, which are basically all the salon brands. Plus, I have this weird hate-love thing going with them. But anyway, today, I wanted to wear something by OPI. I opted for Glacier Bay Blues, from their long gone Canadian Collection. 


Glacier Bay Blues is a dark peacock blue and shimmery duochrome, which flashes teal-green and purple. I couldn't get any purple in the pictures, no matter what I did, but you can definitely see it in person.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Glacier Bay Blues is a really nice color. It actually reminds me a little bit of the Aurora Borealis:



I wish OPI would make more like it. The blue base is beautiful and flattering, and it always has this lovely purple sheen floating on top of it. And of course, I love the duochrome effect. It isn't the strongest, and you have to play a bit of finger Cirque du Soleil to really get it to come out, but when you see it, it's quite pretty. I'd also consider it an excellent color for winter, since the duochrome is strongest and looks best when sunlight is not present. 
      I also enjoyed Gacier Bay Blues' formula. Chock-full of chemically goodness, it glided on super-smoothly and leveled itself nicely as it went. It was surprisingly sheer though, and needed four coats for full opacity and depth. 
    Even though Glacier Bay Blues is officially extinct, there are still plenty of bottles floating around at  a good price. I bought this bottle for $4 from a nail supply shop, and there were quite a few more on the shelf. Some etailers also carry it for a really fair price, so if you want it, it shouldn't be too hard to find. 

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a great Sunday! ^_^