Monday, October 25, 2010

Finger Paints Winter's Whisper + Haul

           Guess what, guess what, guess whatt?! I GOT A JOB!! *does Survival Scroll dance*
           It's as an office assistant in my major department's office, and even though it's going to be tedious bitch work, I am so super happay! Unemployment and brokeness begone!! ^__^ 
          It's a shame I don't have something more cheerful on to celebrate the occasion, but oh well...we're gonna roll with it. This is Finger Paints Winter's Whisper from the Seduced by Fall Collection. 


Winter's Whisper is a graphite grey polish with lots of flaky silver shimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     I don't really like Winter's Whisper. I admire the color...it looks so deliciously cold and industrial. But I don't like the effect that the shimmer brings. It's not the kind of shimmer that sparkles at all....it's definitely the kind that shines, which gives the polish a dull metallic sheen. It makes me feel like I colored my nails with a pencil and then covered it with topcoat....it's just so...flat. No bueno.
    Application-wise, Winter's Whisper gave me a bit of trouble as well...the formula was thin, and it took about four coats to get it to bottle color. It felt like it took a million years too. But on the upside, Winter's Whisper actually went on smoothly and dried quickly. 

I decided to try it matte and added one coat of Essie Matte About You to the mix.




I like Winter's Whisper much more as a matte. The flatness is so becoming and makes the polish look even colder and more industrial. Interestingly enough, the matteness really brings out that "pencil lead" look. But it somehow appears much better. 


And I have some haulage to share! Don't look at me like that. 
This first set of pictures are from Magic Maid's blog sale, which I  mentioned yesterday:



Konad Plate M12
That reindeer makes me so uncomfortable...why does he look so evil? o_O


Konad Plate M13
Ahh I love the little voodoo man and the zombie girl. So cute!

Sally Hansen Mystic Lilac and LA Girl Rock Star Groupie

OPI La Paz-i-tively Hot Matte and China Glaze Pink Rox-E
I've been lemming these for so long, and it's great to have them. 

Diamond Cosmetics Chainmail Charm and Misa Toxic Seduction

Finger Paints Evergreen Dream and Icy Iris
Huge huge huge lemmings, both of these. Especially Icy Iris...*sigh*

This second group is from Sephora. Upon hearing about the Family and Friends sale, I went to the website and acted a fool. :(
But the shipping was crazy fast, you know...I ordered like at 3am on Friday morning, and bam...they were here by 10am today. O_O

Illamasqua Rampage and Phallic.
Ahh I love the names on these...they sound so wild and animalistic. 

Illamasqua Baptiste and NARS Tokaido Express

I would feel worse about these, except for that they were on sale. Plus, I am currently standing on top of a mountain of dead lemmings, and it feels so gewd. Plus, I'm still on budget, because I ate less than normal thi month. 
PLUS. I got a job. Ohohohoho. 

  
But that's all I've got for today...gotta gotta run to class. Wishing you a beautiful Monday! ^_^