Sunday, October 3, 2010

China Glaze Strawberry Smoothie

            Isn't it crazy how fast the weekends go? It's like you blink and it's about to be Monday again. I hate that.  But this post is not supposed to be about hate. It's supposed to be about Strawberry Smoothie, from China Glaze's collection of fifty specialty glitters and shimmers. They had quite a few blingy colors in there (some of which I desire), but Strawberry Smoothie is of the softer and more demure variety.


Strawberry Smoothie is a shimmery Pepto pink polish. Ha, try saying that five times fast. ^_~
 The shimmer isn't particularly obvious, in that you can't see the individual bits. Instead, they work together to give Strawberry Smoothie a becoming pearlescent finish.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

       Color-wise, Strawberry Smoothie is wonderful. The shade of pink is really cute and sweet. It's one of those pinks that just makes you feel all feminine when you've got it on. I also love the pearl-y finish. It gives the polish this...luminescence that is just so great to look at. Finally, I think the finish and color worked together to visually lengthen my nails. I was looking at them all day, thinking that they looked longer today than they did yesterday. 
      However, Strawberry Smoothie has one fatal flaw, and unfortunately, it was really off-putting. The formula is heinous. Applying it was so irritating because it refused to go on evenly. It just streaked up like crazy. I got around that a bit by really loading up the brush and letting it dry between coats, but there's still some visible uneveness. But worst of all were the bubbles. I let my polish sit for about ten minutes before putting on topcoat, to keep the topcoat from getting contaminated, and in that time, little bubbles had already started forming. They just kept on getting worse too...not all my fingers are afflicted, but the ones with them are really bad. It's a shame, because I really do like the color, but now I don't  want to wear Strawberry Smoothie again. :(

   


  (Icon courtesy of  lizbot)