Sunday, October 24, 2010

China Glaze Pink Rox-E

           Today, I wore yet another pink polish. This time, it's Pink Rox-E, from China Glaze's Surf Collection. I'd been lemming it for a long long time, but I never got around to ordering it, until I noticed that Nicole from Magic Maid was selling it in a blog sale. And let me tell you guys....blog sales are my ultimate weakness. Someone announces a blog sale, and I always run to check it out, even when I'm not supposed to be buying. It's just that there are so many colors, and then the prices are so good. Plus it feels nice to buy from other bloggers instead of from faceless companies....I know, I need help. ;_;


Pink Rox-E is a warm, pale, peachy pink creme base with gold glass flecks. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 

    Ahhh I love Pink Rox-E!! It's such an awesome shade of pink, and it's pretty funny that it's actually part of a surfing inspired collection, because as soon as I put it on, I was thinking about the beach. It's a very sandy shade of pink. Like, if you've ever seen pink sand...it's similar to that. Plus it makes me think of the inside of seashells. I also really like the golden shimmer. It's extremely visible (especially in the sunlight) and really warms up the whole look. Man, it's so gorgeous....definitely a lemming worth killing.
   However, Pink Rox-E's downfall was its formula...so streaky! I tried to be careful, but even after three coats, there was still unevenness and streaks. One more thick coat actually made it smooth and neat, but the end result was that my nails ended up looking a little thicker than I like. No bueno. Additionally, the formula is non-Big 3 Free. I don't care, because I like the smell of chemically goodness, but I know it's an issue for some folks. From what I've seen, a Big 3 Free alternative to this color would be Zoya Cassi. I don't have it, so I can't compare, but here's a really good one from The Swatchaholic. Although the Zoya costs more, they seem to be perfectly identical, so yay. 

  And that's all I've got for today! Have an awesome Sunday, guys! 




 (Icon courtesy of  lizbot)