Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Essie Midnight Cami + Finger Paints Sapphire Shimmer

        So I'm still wearing my crazy hand mani today. I'm a little mad, because I forewent doing my nails + I stayed up till like 3 am to finish my assignment. Then five hours later, I'm dragging myself into class, when I find out that my teacher extended the deadline to the end of the week. Because half the class didn't do it. 

Omfg...

 I like my teacher, but I was sooo mad at her. Since when do you reward people for not doing their homework?! But on a positive note, I have a job interview lined up for this week! I don't know if it'll amount to anything in the end, but it's the furthest I've gotten since I've started looking, so I am full of hope. But enough blah blah about my life and woes. Onto the pitchas.

This is one layer of Finger Paints Sapphire Shimmer over two coats of Essie Midnight Cami.  
Sapphire Shimmer is composed of small round glitter and larger hex glitter in a sheer cobalt blue base. The glitter is silver and holo, and there is a ton of it.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

       It's not the most innovative thing, but I love this combo so so much!! Sapphire Shimmer's glitter is disgustingly holo...it makes me sick with joy. ^_^ The flashes of color and silver stand out really nicely from Midnight Cami's dark blue base, and the whole look reminds me of outer space. I know...lots of polishes look like outer space. But this really does look awesome, lol.  In lower light, the holo calms down a bit, so the glitter looks more silver. But there are still rainbow flashes, so basically, it's never boring. I was actually walking to the library last night (to do my freaking assignment), and even with just the streetlights, there was still mad bling and rainbows.  And in sunlight...ahhh it's absolutely dazzling. The shimmer from Midnight Cami shimmers and the glitter from Sapphire Shimmer glitters and it just makes my heart sing. My camera was even nice enough to let me make a little video:


Ahh you like my Easy Mac background, no? 

   I'm ready for my nails to look like a normal person's again, so I'm looking forward to sitting down with some nail polish remover later tonight. But at the same time, I'm gonna be sorry to see my left hand go. However, it did get me thinking that maybe I should stop being such a punk and try to franken an actual nail polish that looks like this. If I do, I'm not gonna use Sapphire Shimmer because I only got one bottle and they don't make this stuff no more. Which sucks...why does Finger Paints discontinue all the good stuff? But I'll try to find something with similar glitter and go from there. 

  And that's all I've got for today!  Have a great night, guys!!