Saturday, June 5, 2010

Orly Lola

            Today's post is going to be really fast. It's Get Your Ish Together Day at Chez Butterfly, and that means lots of cleaning and organizing. As a result, I haven't had time to change my nails and probably won't have any until this evening. So I'm gonna bust out a polish from my backlog, Orly Lola. 


Lola is a bright and saturated pink creme. The color here is a little too dark though. The others are more correct.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

      My bottle of Lola is only a baby, and I must say that I'm a little glad of that. It's a fun, basic and pretty summer shade, but not terribly exciting, unique or interesting. I can't see myself wearing this too often, and I'll probably wear it on my toes more than on my fingers, so I don't need a full size bottle of it. Like if I see a full size bottle on sale for a couple of dollars, I'd pick it up. But I wouldn't pay more than that for Lola. Let me be clear, there's nothing really wrong with the color. It just doesn't warm the little cockles of my heart.
    Lola's application was really nice though. There were no problems with dragging or streaking, and the polish was nicely pigmented. The pictures are with two coats of color and one layer of topcoat, and it was nice and smooth and showed no VNL. 

     And I meant to mention this at my last post, but I was a little in a rush and forgot. I have 51 followers!! Yayyy!!!!! *blows one of those horn thingies that people blow at birthday parties* lol, I know to some people that's nothing, but to me, that's really big news! It's like...100 more people than I expected to be interested in my blog. So thanks to all of you!! ^_^
 I'd love to have a nice little giveaway, but I don't trust myself to shop for nail polish. However, I've been stockpiling polish, and will have one pretty soon. Probably this fall, when I'm back in DC and can get to the stores in the area.
  Hokay back to cleaning. Someone needs to kindly inform my mother that slavery was supposed to be over like...200 years ago. And that children are not for free labor. =___=