Friday, June 18, 2010

Nubar Violet Sparkle

              Fwee it's Friday again!! Has this week been uber fast, or is it just me? The days seem to just be flying right by...I feel like tomorrow, I'm going to wake up, and it'll be time to pack back up for school. Or even worse, I'll be a little old lady in a house full of cats and nail polish and nothing more. Spending my days throwing rocks at kids, telling them to get off my lawn. Even though there are no kids and no lawn. :( 
       But I digress. In celebration of Friday and because the sun was shining like mad, I wore Nubar's Violet Sparkle.

Violet Sparkle is as simple as its name. It's a ton of small square and round violet glitter in a clear base. The shade of violet is pretty even... it doesn't lean towards either blue or red. Or at least not to my unprofessional eyes. lol!

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

     Violet Sparkle truly surprised me with how much I loved it. I'm the kind of person who likes more complicated nail polish....I like for a polish to be holographic and to have like ten different kinds of glitter and to be duochrome, with a secret shimmer, and maybe some flakies in there too, all at the same time. So I hemmed and hawed when it came time to put this in my cart, because I thought it would be boring. But I was wrong!! Violet Sparkle is so glittery, and the shade of purple is so saturated and rich that it's hard to keep my eyes off it. I found myself walking down the street moving my hands and watching the glitter dance in the light. I don't think I'd go as far as to call it one of my favorite purples, but it's not a purchase I regret in the least. 
    Application was easy and fuss-free. The polish slid right on, and was opaque in three, moderate thickness coats. It did have a matte-ish and rough finish, which took three coats of Poshe to get fully smooth and shiny. I have lots and lots of bubbles on my nails (I turned back on my fan too soon, I guess)....when I tilt my hand just right, I can see them. And I nicked the surfaces of some nails when I was cutting something. But Violet Sparkle really hides such imperfections, which is nice. 
   And that's all I've got for today! I hope everyone is having a lovely Friday evening!