Sunday, June 6, 2010

Zoya Bebe

            So I totally did not change my nails....I just kind of forgot. But that's okay, because today is kind of cloudy and lame and not really good weather for taking pictures. So I'll be posting my final Zoya...I had this post written and done like two weeks ago, but I just never pressed the publish button.  

Bebe is a pale pearly pink base with tons of multi-colored microshimmer. The shimmer is mostly silver, but it does flash the occasional pink, green, and blue. The color in this picture is all wrong, but it was the only one that showed the shimmer clearly.

Sunlight, no flash. This picture is much truer to color.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

    Bebe is a really pretty, ladylike color. The pale pink in combination with the shimmer gives it a girly, airy look. It makes me think of Glinda, the Good Witch of the North.  I miss my old nails. :(
   Formula-wise, Bebe is pretty good. Like the other Zoyas I have, it applied really smoothly and easily. My only complaint is that Bebe is really sheer, and I ended up struggling with it a bit, because I wanted it opaque. On the Zoya site, they give it a three in the intensity department, but I think that they were being a bit generous...two would be more accurate. After trying it in various ways, I ended up with what I have in the pictures, which is five coats of Bebe over one coat of Seche Ridge Filler. Five coats is alot of work....Bebe is cute, but she's not that cute. So going forward, I guess I'll just be using it as it was intended (as a sheer) or over a similarly colored base.