Sunday, June 20, 2010

Brucci Typhoon Lagoon

           Happy Father's Day!! I know I'm tardy for the party, but I thought I'd say it anyway. Today, I'm wearing Brucci Typhoon Lagoon. It does not have anything to do with my dad, but my sister wanted me to paint her nails with it, and I hadn't used it yet. But none shall use it before me! So I wore it today. ^_^


Typhoon Lagoon is a lovely and glowy pale purple base with a strong blue shimmer. I'm not sure whether or not to call it a duochrome...sometimes, it looks purple and sometimes it looks blue. So maybe it is? 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

         Typhoon Lagoon is a gorgeous and thoroughly engaging color. My pictures don't do it justice at all, but it really is intriguing. It looks a little metallic, but at the same time, looks dreamy. Nice and soft and nebulous. In different lights, it shifts between blue and purple, often appearing to be both at one time. I could really stare at Typhoon Lagoon for days. 
       But Typhoon Lagoon has some application issues. It's watery and on the sheer side, and the first coat was a horror to put on. It streaked and dragged and was just painful. It did get better with every coat, and by the fifth coat, it was very smooth and easy to apply. Even though it took five coats to achieve bottle color, dry time wasn't too bad. But in the future, I'll be trying to layer this over black, and when I want it to just look normal, I'll put it over a white.
    And even though I really enjoyed wearing this color today, for tomorrow, I'm going to try to find something not related to purple. I've been wearing a ton of purple, and I'm all purpled out.  x_x
Have a good night, everyone!!