Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Color Club Swatches

           I was looking through past posts, checking for typos (I hate typos), when I realized that I do not have any Color Club pictures on this thingy. That's really sad, because I love all my Color Clubs. I've worn some of them too. I guess I just neglected to take pictures. But today, that all ends. And in the interests of space, I omitted the whole hand pictures. 


First up is Tru Passion, from the Glitter Vixen Collection. 


Tru Passion is a lavender round glitter in a clear base. There are also a few holo glitter pieces sprinkled around in there, although they're not visible in the pictures. In real life, you can see it. Actually..if you look at the top of the nail, you can see a couple. It's showing blue. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

  I only have one thing to say about Tru Passion: *_*
  Okay, that's not it. But from the first second I saw Tru Passion, it touched my soul, son. So freaking sparkleh!! And even though I tend to prefer deeper purples, I actually do like the pale purple of Tru Passion. Getting it to be this opaque was kind of hard though. This is with four thick coats. And I dabbed the polish, swirled the brush and did everythang...it still took a long time to be opaque. But I don't care. Finally, it dried nice and smooth, so I only needed one layer of topcoat to enhance the shine. 

More goodies after the jump!




Next is With Abandon, from the Wild at Heart Collection. 


With Abandon is a black base with multi-sized copper and amber shimmer. It's a really interesting color. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

I really like With Abandon. It's not a typical glittery polish, in that it's actually quite somber. But the contrast between the shimmer and the base is lovely, and in bright sunlight, it's truly glorious. It reminds me alot of fall. With Abandon's formula was okay. It wasn't like butter, but it wasn't horrible either. The pictures are with three coats of color, and one layer of topcoat. 

~ ♥ ~

The next one happens to be the namesake of the Wild at Heart Collection, Wild at Heart. 

Wild at Heart is a saturated purple, smooth particle holographic polish. Phew son, mad adjectives. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

     I love Wild at Heart! It definitely has to be one of the best purples I own. The holographic effect is a little weak, and these pictures are without topcoat because in my unprofessional opinion, topcoat kills the holo on this. But that's okay, and is actually  maybe a blessing, because it makes Wild at Heart a little more wearable than other holos. The formula was nice too. It was opaque in one coat, and was very easy to apply. I haven't tried it, but I think it'd be good to Konad with. 

~ ♥ ~

Next is After Hours, from the Dance to the Musique Collection.

After Hours is a charcoal grey polish with lots of silver shimmer.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

After Hours is such a sexy polish. Granted, I harbor a soft spot for grey polishes, but it's a really nice color...all industrial and cold-looking. Ooh, I should have tried it matte. My only gripe about it is that the application wasn't the best. The formula was a little watery, so this is four coats. Also, it was a little tough to control. But the end result is worth it, I think.

~ ♥ ~

Then I have another one from the Dance to the Musique Collection, Electronica.

Electronica is a blurple shimmery base with specks of fuchsia shimmer. In the bottle, it looks purple, but I think it's more blurple. My camera picked it up with too much blue, and I would have fixed it, but I couldn't. I really tried too. 

Sunlight, no flash. And too blue again. 

   My camera can't follow instructions, but Electronica is a nice color. I'm not doing backflips or anything over it, but it's really lovely. It's deep and saturated, without ever looking anything but blurple, and the specks of fuchsia add lots of interest. The formula was okay and the pictures are two coats of color, with one layer of topcoat. 
~ ♥ ~

Last (but definitely NOT least) is Revvvolution, from the Femme Fatale Collection.

Sunlight, no flash.
Okay, so I don't have an up-close picture of Revvvolution.  It just refused to come out, and in my frustration, I made a fist and accidentally dented my thumb. So that was the end of that.  But Revvvolution is basically Wild at Heart's ash grey brother. 

Natural light, no flash. 

   Since I don't like to rend families apart, I love Revvvolution too! It's definitely the best of two already amazing and fantastical worlds: grey and holographic. So really...there's nothing to not love. Like Wild at Heart, the holo effect here is on the weaker side, and there's no topcoat. But unlike Wild at Heart, I do wish that Revvvolution featured a stronger holo. I don't wish for that enough for me to not love this, but still...it's something I think of down in the wee cockles of my heart. Formula was good too. Revvvolution was opaque in one coat, and that's what's in the pictures. 

~ ♥ ~

   I have two more Color Clubs that I haven't shown yet: Where's the Soiree and Groove Thang. I left out Where's the Soiree because it's a basic black creme, and I plan on swatching all my black cremes at one time. But I will say that it's really great for Konading. And I left out Groove Thang because no matter what I do, it looks black. And then I get mad, which is not good for the blood pressure.  I'll try some other time, I think. 
   And that's it for today. If you've managed to keep reading to this point, I congratulate you. That's quite an attention span you've got there! ^_^