Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Orly Galaxy Girl

            In the spirit of no longer "saving" polishes, I decided to wear Orly Galaxy Girl, from the Cosmix FX collection. Times like this, I wish I had a newer and better camera...mine is...five years old and angry at the world. And completely unable to do this polish any kind of justice. 


Galaxy Girl is a blackened plum base with a crapload of duochrome shimmer. Mostly, the shimmer shows light blue but at certain angles, it'll go a vibrant shade of magenta. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

       I initially passed on Galaxy Girl, thinking it wasn't going to be that great. Then when I went back to get it, there were no more, and I had to come back again. The third time there, I got into a minor squabble with another customer over it...I was standing in front of the display, and she tried to be slick and reach around me for it. Of course I snatched it away, and she got mad. I almost had to cut that bitch. :( 
Would have been totally worth it though, because Galaxy Girl is totally amazing. Ahh it's so sexy!
     In sunlight, the shimmer tends to be sparkly and blue, which looks pretty, but can get boring. However, in the shade, indoors, and other lower lighting situations, the shimmer really comes alive and shows off it's duochrominess. Best of all, you don't need to contort your hand a million ways or press your nose to your fingernails in order to see the colors dance...even just typing this, I'm seeing flashes of magenta and blue all over my nails. Galaxy Girl is like if Urban Decay Bruise and Borghese Stellare Notte got together and had a baby, and then the baby started doing crystal meth and crack at the same time. I know drug addicted babies are a horrible thing, but this particular drug addicted baby is completely awesome and hot.
     The formula was typical Orly fare...easy to apply, smooth, and not too thick or too thin. This is three coats of color and one layer of topcoat, and it dried pretty quickly.
     My only real complaint about this polish is the name. Ugh, I hate the name! I understand that they needed to have a space-themed name, but bleh...Galaxy Girl just seems so babyish to me. I think MAC's name for this color (Formidable!) was wayy better, exclamation point and all. 

  But speaking of names...how the heck do you say Orly's name?! I've been saying it like..."oh really" (don't laugh at me!), but when I was talking to the lady in Sally's, she called it "Oarly". When I said "oh really" she gave me the oddest look. ;_; 

But anyway, that's all I've got for today. Have a great night, guys!!