Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Layering Fun

            Well, today was the first day of work, and it was kind of a disaster. LOL. First, I woke up like fifteen minutes before I was actually supposed to be there...thankfully, the place was only around the corner from my dorm, so I wasn't late. But the person who hired me forgot I was coming, and he was like twenty minutes late. I totally rushed for no reason. Then, they didn't have anything for me to do...I ran one errand which took about ten minutes, and then I sat at the reception desk and studied for the next three hours.  A bunch of my professors came in and were just looking at me like, hey you girl who never answers questions in class...da hell you doing here? O_o.  So I awkwardly had to explain that I work there now...apparently, no one mentioned it to anyone. Then when my time was up, I left the office, only to be greeted by the second coming of Noah's flood. So my hair currently looks a mess, and I don't think my flats are going to make it. At least my nails were looking fierce through it all. But the weather was crazy, so the pictures suck. I got like twenty minutes of sunlight (fifteen of which were spent fighting with my camera) and then it was cloudy/rainy for the rest of the day.


This is:
1 coat of Color Club Groove Thang
1 coat of Zoya Charla
1 coat of Sinful Colors Nail Junkie
1 coat of Nfu-Oh 52

Sunlight, no flash.
Sorry for the tip wear..it's been a few days. 


Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, with gentle flash.
This one is kind of blurry, but I like it because it brings out more of the green that I see most of the time on my nail. 


Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.
Why yes, that is a chip. I have a bunch more on my right hand...I'm not sure who to blame, because these polishes have always been good to me. Maybe they just don't like one another.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

My inspiration for this was like...an underwater cave. Like this:

     Ahh I love this! It definitely took the best of each of the polishes I used to create it...the darkness of Groove Thang, the foil-y quality from Charla, the coppery/gold glitter from Nail Junkie, and the duochrome flakes of the Nfu-Oh. Everything shows the perfect amount, and it just looks so good, if I do say so myself. I especially love the gold glitter peeking through, and the duochrome flakes. The gold doesn't show in the pictures, but it looks awesome...like treasure. And the flakes give the polish a greenish-cast most of the time...it looks more like dragon hide than an underwater cave, which is okay because I love dragons. But when I tilt my hand a certain way, the flakies are blue, and I get my cave. I'm so mad that my pictures suck today...of all days. x_X
    But the good news is that the search is officially on for a new camera...I still can't afford one, but when I can, I want to be ready. Do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking a Canon, Panasonic, or Sony. Kodak is open too...my current one is a Kodak, and it's served me really well. Now, it's an ancient POS, but when it was still young, it was so wonderful...such beautiful pictures it made. But I feel like I want to try something new. My last camera was a Kodak too, so maybe it's time to branch out? Bleh, idk. What do you guys think?

But that's all I've got for today. Have a lovely night! 

ETA: Wait no, I lied. I got moah. Breast Cancer Awareness month is almost over, and the Breast Cancer Site is still a far way from reaching their goal of 500 mammograms! Please click that link at the top of the page and help them out? It only takes a second, doesn't cost a dime, and this month, your click is doubled. Thanks!!