Friday, October 15, 2010

OPI Flower-to-Flower

          Last night, I realized that I haven't worn a pink polish in like a week...no bueno. So I decided to try out one of my more recent acquisition, OPI Flower-to-Flower, from this past summer's Summer Flutter Collection.


Flower-to-Flower features a warm and slightly dark, but bright bubblegum pink creme base with lots of crystalline silver microshimmer. The color here is inaccurate, because the picture is taken in low light. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.
You'll probably need to click through to see the detail in this one.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.
This picture is one of few that I did not have to correct, and it's the most color accurate. 

        Flower-to-Flower is cute, but nothing groundbreaking. The shade of pink is pretty bright and eye-catching, but it's also a bit darker, which makes it (in my opinion) more mature and wearable. The shimmer (when you can see it) is pretty too. It's the kind that sparkles, and reminds me of finely crushed glass. Once more though, I wish it were more visible on the nail...you can't really see it if you aren't in the exact right light or angle. The casual observer probably wouldn't even realize that it was there.
       The formula was a little bit tough for me as well. It had that slightly thick and sticky texture that I really don't like, and it was streaky and draggy for the first few coats. By the third coat, everything was okay and smooth though. The pictures are with three coats of color, and one layer of topcoat.  
    I don't regret buying Flower-to-Flower because it's a good looking polish, was easily accessed, and I didn't have to pay full retail for it. But if I had to struggle to get it or paid full price, I think I'd be a little bit pissed. 

   And this is random, but you know something? I really want to blow this school up. Like, if I had explosives, knew that I wouldn't get caught and that no one would be physically hurt, I'd legit just blow this entire place to kingdom come. The blast would be so big that a person at the bottom of a coal mine in China would see it and be like omg. 

Is there any place that you really want to blow up? ^_^



 (Icon courtesy of  lizbot)