Wednesday, October 6, 2010

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle

           I woke up so grouchy this morning. I was grouchy because on the rooftop next to my window, there was a man riding around on some kind of construction machine. At 7 am. And my first class wasn't until 11am. But as I stared death through my windowpane at him, I realized that the sun was shining! Instantly, I was filled with good cheer, because it meant that I could fully enjoy and get some decent pictures of my current mani, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle from the Loves You Snow Much collection.


Emerald Sparkle is a ton of small, square emerald green glitter suspended in a vampy emerald green jelly base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

         Ahhh I love Emerald Sparkle! I've worn it a few times, and it really never ceases to captivate me. It just has so much depth to it. The glitter is so sparkly in the sunlight, and in lower light, it still manages to stick out from from the base. It looks like fireflies in a swamp. And I really appreciate that China Glaze thought to make the base so much darker than the glitter, because I feel that it really gives Emerald Sparkle that extra edge. Like if they had made the base of Dorothy Who? closer to navy, and the base of Ruby Slippers closer to burgundy, I think I wouldn't be so disinterested in them. Anywho, the bottom line here is that Emerald Sparkle is a staple green, and unless you just don't like green polish, everyboday needs this one in the stash. 
     I don't have any complaints as far as Emerald Sparkle's formula goes. Despite being a gloriously squishy-looking jelly, it went opaque in only two coats. I did do three for these pictures, because with jellies, that's my standard minimum number. Even if it looks opaque in two, I like to put on one extra coat, just for security. Those three coats went on pretty easily, and I had no trouble with dragging or streaking. I used one layer of topcoat for extra sparkle and shine, but not for smoothness, since Emerald Sparkle was already smooth to begin with. 
    Man, I wish I had some long nails. This would look sooo good on some long nails. 

And that's it for today! Have a wonderful night, everybody! ^_^