Thursday, October 14, 2010

Orly Galaxy Girl + Fauxnad

            Instead of removing Galaxy Girl yesterday night, I opted to do some stamping over it. There was no real reason...I just feel like I have a ton of nail art stuff and I never use any of it. So here's me trying to use some of this stuff. LOL. Also, the weather was so freaking blah today....it was raining rats and frogs all day, until the evening, when it suddenly stopped. So please excuse the blurry pitchas. 


I started off by stamping on the full nail ivy pattern from plate BM20, using China Glaze Let's Groove. Then, I used Color Club Pretty in Platinum to stamp on the like...flower string at the cuticle. That pattern came from a plate called B14. There's no brand name, but I got it from Hong Kong, and it looks like this:

I miss those nails.
But anyway, to finish it off, I stuck a purple gem in the center of each flower, and finished it off with one layer of Poshe.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.
The duochrominess kind of blends in with Let's Groove, which is unfortunate. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      I'm quite fond of how this turned out. It does look kind of like Beetlejuice, but I feel like many of my attempts at nail art come out looking like Beetlejuice. I guess it can't be helped, and at least it's not ooglay. I think once more, my favorite part is the background. The color and pattern are very subtle, and I like how the blue shimmer peeks through the empty spaces. It's also a little optical illusion-ish, like you don't know which color is the base and which is the stamp. Me gusta.

  And that's all I've got for today. Have a great evening, guys!