Friday, October 8, 2010

Finger Paints I'm A Survivor

            LOL, I totally bombed that test. Like, I opened the booklet, read through the exam, put down the pencil, and silently asked Jesus to take the wheel. He politely declined...too busy napping in the backseat or something. So I finished my test, turned it in, and with my life crumbling around my ears, I went to ceramics to work on my thingy. And then I returned to my lair to paint my nails. I chose Finger Paints I'm A Survivor, from the Breast Cancer Awareness Collection because it looked like it would cheer me up. And hay, it worked! ^_^


 I'm A Survivor is a deep hot pink creme base packed with small, flat silvery-white shimmer. This picture looks crazy, but I couldn't get a better one, because my camera was so freaked out by being that close to the color. 
Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 

     So, there are good and bad things about I'm A Survivor. Let's do good things first. The color of the polish is really nice. The shade of pink is deep enough to be flattering on many skin tones, but it's bright enough to be a happy-making polish. The shimmer isn't particularly noticeable...like, it's not Strawberry Fields status. But it's visible enough to make a statement, both in sunlight and lower lighting conditions. My only complaint about the color would be about the base...I would have preferred a jelly base, instead of a creme one. I mean, the creme is okay and pretty, but I just feel that a jelly would have been better. 
    Finger Paints also gets a thumbs up from me because of the name they chose. I'm A Survivor is such a good and upbeat name. It carries so much meaning, even to those who haven't necessarily had their lives touched by breast cancer, but have survived other things. And it fits in well with the color, which is always a bonus for me. 
    And of course, Finger Paints created I'm A Survivor to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that's a great thing. I don't think that the proceeds from the collection goes to breast cancer research or anything...if I remember right, Finger Paints already has a set pledge. But even so, it was a sweet gesture for them to make this. 
   But the bad thing about I'm A Survivor was the formula. I really don't want to complain about this polish, but here at The Phalanges Files, we strive to keep it all the way realz. While the formula wasn't horrible, it also wasn't any fun. It was a bit streaky going on, and it felt like....thick and sticky. The good news is that it was highly pigmented, and was opaque in two coats. A more careful person might be able to get away with only one thick coat. I ended up with three coats though because I used one extra to get it smooth. Also, it dries really fast, so yay!

  And that's all for today. Enjoy your Friday night! ^_^



 (Icon courtesy of  lizbot)