Sunday, October 10, 2010

OPI Bling Dynasty

           Last night, after fixing my messed up nails, I put on OPI Bling Dynasty from the Hong Kong Collection. I passed on most of the collection, because I felt they were a bit boring. But Bling Dynasty was one of the few standout colors for me, and I loved the name, so I scooped it up. 


Bling Dynasty is an old gold polish with gold and copper shimmer. The shade actually reminds me of mustard...I'm not a mustard eater, so I don't know exactly what mustard I'm talking about. But it's one of the darker ones. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

         I really like Bling Dynasty. The shade of gold is pretty unique in my opinion. Instead of being that cooler, brighter shade of gold that I think is more common, this one is warmer, darker, and it looks positively ancient. Like the kind of gold that you'd find on the death mask of a pharoah. In sunlight, the shimmer comes to life and gives the polish a subtle sparkle and shine. I wouldn't call it a must-have, but I'm a big fan of this color, which is strange, given how I feel about yellow. 
        The formula was fine. It was easy to work with and spread smoothly and thinly with no dragging or streaking. Bling Dynasty reached opacity in three coats, and dried really quickly with the help of topcoat. I think it's a tad bit brush-strokey...if I'm looking for them, I can see some of the strokes. But it's not very noticeable, and maybe someone with more skill wouldn't get them at all.

   In the interests of procrastination, I later decided to mattify this:


Sunlight, no flash.
I used one coat of Essie Matte About You.


Sunlight, no flash.

I love how it turned out. I think it looks just as pretty matte as it does shiny. 

Have a good night, guys!