Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NARS Mash + Konad

           With all the homework yesterday, there was no time to change my polish. Not that I really wanted to...I love Mash. But because I get bored easily plus I didn't want to cover up the color, I matte-ified Mash, and then did some konading on top with clear polish, a la Michèle from Lacquerized


This is NARS Mash, with one layer of Essie Matte About You. 
If you use this matte topcoat, do you ever notice that sometimes, these white speckles come on your nails after applying it? What the heck are those? 


I used Duri Rejuvacote to stamp the leopard print pattern from Konad m57.


Sunlight, no flash.



Sunlight, no flash.

      When it was fresh, I really liked this! It didn't look anywhere near as good as Michèle's did, but it still looked cool. The only sad thing is that it wasn't very visible, unless my hand was tilted in a certain way. And over the course of the day, as the matte topcoat became more satiny, the contrast between the shiny spots and the base wore off a little. Then it was really really hard to see the pattern. But at least the spots didn't rub off, like they did when I tried to konad on top of a matte-ified  China Glaze Atlantis.
    
    But that's all I have for today! Have a great night, guys!