Sunday, October 17, 2010

L.A. Colors Electrified

           In the interests of procrastinating on homework, I decided to reorganize my stash and nail supplies this afternoon. While doing that, I came across a few forgotten L.A. Colors polishes that I got at Dollar Tree this summer. One of them was pink, so I was like heyy, let me put it on. So here's Electrified, from L.A. Colors' Color Craze line. 


Electrified is a cool-toned, silver-speckled, pink foil. I wish I could be more descriptive, but I really don't know what to call this shade. Any suggestions?

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       I don't know what I think about Electrified. I like how rich and saturated the color is, and I like how reflective and blingy it is. But then sometimes, I look at it, and it looks like a pink frost polish, instead of a foil, and I do not want.  I also don't like it with my skin...it's a little too cool. So jury's still out on this one. 
     But at least Electrified's formula wasn't bad...about what you'd expect from a foil. A tiny bit thick-feeling, but not unmanageable, and opaque in two coats. I made sure to take my time with application, and to let it dry a bit between coats. Consequently, I didn't have trouble with dragging, streaking, or brushstrokes. It dried pretty quickly as well, which was nice.  The only bad thing is that cleanup was hard, because of all the little silver speckles everywhere. 
   Overall, I'm pretty neutral about Electrified. I don't like it, but I don't dislike it. And it was only a dollar, so I think it's okay for me to feel that way, lol. Maybe it will make a good stamping polish.

  Anywho, that's all I've got for today. I hope everyone had an awesome weekend!!


 (Icon courtesy of  lizbot)