Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MAC Bad Fairy

     I can't stay long for today because I have to study. But I wanted to quickly pop in and spam the blogosphere with a behemoth post,  full of pictures and words. Ohohoho...is evil, no? ^_^ 
I must be feeling the effects of my current mani, MAC Bad Fairy from the Venomous Villains Collection.


More pictures after the jump!



This is two coats of MAC Bad Fairy, over one coat of Nina Ultra Pro Molten Ruby
Bad Fairy is a sheer magenta base densely packed with tiny, flat,  reflective, duochrome and sparkly shimmer. The shimmer is mostly this deep-ish but vibrant shade of magenta, but in some lights, it turns a gold-ish to coppery hue. Yeah, lots of ishes going on here...Bad Fairies are complex for reals. 


Sunlight, no flash.
The bottle is tiny as hell, and with my big Barry White man hands + my plantain fingers, I couldn't hold the bottle right. :(


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

Okay, all the pictures above are pretty much how Bad Fairy looks like...98% of the time. Magenta. 
But if you go into some lower lighting and play Cirque Du Soleil with yo fingers, this is more what you get:


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash. 


And of course, I have to show how it looks without the Molten Ruby under it. I didn't do my whole hand though because that would be a waste. 

Sunlight, no flash.
For the sake of reference, this is two coats of Bad Fairy on my plain nail (middle and pinky) and then the two coats of Bad Fairy on top of the Molten Ruby (index and ring). Sorry for the messy cuticles. 


Sunlight, no flash.
And all done, we have:
4 coats of Bad Fairy only on my middle and pinky fingers. 
1 coat of Molten Ruby + 2 coats of Bad Fairy on my index and ring fingers.

Bad Fairy alone is more blingy and the duochrome effect is a little stronger. Like, you don't see it more often or anything, but when you do see it, it's more pronounced. But the color looks the same to me. And sorry for the lumpy middle finger...I was rushing to put this on and it didn't go so smoothly. 

Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 
This is just to illustrate the difference in sparkliness. The ring finger is the layered one, and the middle and pinky fingers are alone. 

Sunlight, no flash.
More illustration of the difference.


Natural light, no flash.
More illustration...see how the pinky and middle fingers have more duochrome covering the nail? 

       If you've made it down this far, I congratulate you and shake you quite warmly by the hand. ^_^
About Bad Fairy....yeah son, it's hot. I love the shade that they chose...it's such an evil fairy color, because you have a peppy vibrant magenta, but there's something a little deep and dark about it too. It's kind of grey-ish....I don't know. But it's a little off, and I'm into that. I also like how it sparkles in the sun.
     My only complaint color-wise is where's the duochrome?! Like, you can see it...but it's like hunting down a snow leopard or something. It's ridiculously elusive, and when you see it, you better hold your breath and be still. Don't even blink, because if you do...that ish will be GONE. Like it never even was. It's downright shameful too, because the duochrome effect is gorgeouss and the best part of the whole polish. 
   The formula was fine. It was a little bit thick, just because of Bad Fairy's composition, but there's nothing really wrong with it. I noticed that layering Bad Fairy on top of Molten Ruby made it way easier to apply though. Bad Fairy also dried pretty fast, because I slapped on the polish and hopped up in the bed. In times of stress, I make fists in my sleep, and a few times in the night, I had to wake up and uncurl my hands because my nails were like...hurting my palms. But you wouldn't know it from my mani, because when I woke up, it looked flawless. I know people have complained about wonky brushes, but mine was fine. 
   I do have a gripe about Bad Fairy, and that's the price for the product. I complained about this already, but oh well, I'm gonna do it again. $13 for 10 ML is highway robbery, especially for a polish with a lazy duochrome. I would have been okay paying $13 for 15 ML, but 10? And not even no Maleficent on the bottle?! Oh, no ma'am. I don't regret getting Bad Fairy, because I really do love the color, but I surely regret paying for it.
  And I know some people are still struggling with whether or not they want to get it. Well...in my unprofessional and inexperienced opinion, if you really like magenta, glittery-foily finishes, Disney things, or MAC things,  then yes...get it. If you don't like magenta, aren't fond of sparklies, or only want it for the duochrome effect, please feel free to put that $13 towards something else. Because you probably don't need Bad Fairy in your life, no matter what the hype says. 

  And with that, I am done for the evening, because zee books are calling me. Have an awesome evening, guys!!