Friday, July 15, 2011

The Hungry Asian Fender Bender

       Hello guys! For today, I have another franken from The Hungry Asian sale. This time, it's Fender Bender. 

Fender Bender is a ton of tiny lime green, fuchsia, and bright blue glitter in a clear base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Fender Bender is pretty, but it's not quite what I wanted. When worn opaque, it comes out much darker than I thought it would be and I can't see the individual colors as well as I hoped I would be able to. I do love that it's super sparkly, and I enjoy how in terms of the sparkle, you can get individual colors (like you see blue sparkle, green sparkle, etc. all at one time) but that's not quite enough to make me fall in love. Before I relinquish it to the purge pile though, I'm definitely going to try it layered over other stuff to see if I can't bring some brightness to it. 
    Fender Bender's formula wasn't bad though. It needed four coats to be opaque, but the polish went on smoothly and dried fast, without too much grit. One layer of topcoat was enough for it to be smooth and shiny. 

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a happy Friday!