Thursday, December 23, 2010

L.A. Girl Rock Star Punk

           I feel like I haven't shown a blue polish here in kind of a long time, so for today, I have a blue polish! It's Punk, from L.A. Girl's Rock Star line. 


Punk is small blue shimmer in a navy blue jelly base. The shimmer is faintly duochrome and flashes purple, which you can see at the bottom of the nail if you look reallll close. :D

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I think the Rock Star line is a little hit or miss, but Punk definitely ranks as a hit. The jelly base is dark enough to provide adequate contrast for the shimmer, while being thin enough to let the shimmer catch the light and sparkle. In lower lighting situations, the shimmer is much less noticeable, but when I move my hand, it glitters and gives this cool night sky effect. My only complaint is that I would have liked more duochrome. In the bottle, the shimmer is wildly duochrome-y, but not so much on the nail. 
   Punk's formula was okay...it was thin, so I needed four thin coats to get the opacity and depth that I was looking for. However, applying the polish itself was easy. There was no dragging or bubbling, and it dried pretty quick. Actually, it was a little like applying liquid gelatin.
  All in all, not bad for $2. ^_^

But that's all I've got for today! Have a beautiful day, guys!