Sunday, December 19, 2010

Zoya Edyta

           LOL, I know that everyone has seen this color a million times just this week alone, so sorry in advance. But it's kind of all I got,  so I gotta show it to ya. This is Edyta, from the Wicked half of Zoya's Wicked and Wonderful Collections. 


Edyta is a deep, murky green shade with old gold speckles. It has that glittery-metallic finish that has been everywhere this year, although Edyta is more metallic than sparkly. I mean, you get some sparkle, but not that much compared to others in the collection.
And sorry for the tipwear...I washed my hair and my nails did that irritating thing where they swell and shrink.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       I really like Edyta. Its shade of green is both unusual and flattering, and I love how the gold shimmer looks on the nail. It makes me think of the hide of an old dragon. Like one of the dragons that used to be a good pillager and stuff, but now it's mad old, so it hangs out in the cave and naps. I also think that Zoya did a good job naming this one. According to google, Edyta means victorious in war, and I do get that...warrior vibe from this polish. If Xena wore nail polish, she'd probably have Edyta in the stash.
    Formula-wise, Edyta was wonderful. It applied smoothly and easily with no brushtrokes, and wasn't too thick or thin. It was opaque in two coats, which is what is in the pictures, along with one layer of topcoat. There was need to wait between coats, because if not, there was drag. But the dry time was excellent, so it wasn't like I had to wait eons. Maybe like two minutes. 

And that is all I've got for today! I hope everyone had a great weekend!