Saturday, December 4, 2010

Illamasqua Rampage

           Lol, my eyes needed another break. So instead of my customary glitter or shimmer, I have Illamasqua Rampage, from the core line. 

Rampage is a deep forest green jelly. If you happen to see any sparklies or whatever, please disregard them. My topcoat got contaminated by Black Diamond, ugh.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash

Sunlight, no flash.
Ahaha my nails look so thick, no?

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Rampage is extra hot. In the sunlight, you get this gorgeous, pure, leafy green. And then in other lights,  it's dark and dangerous-looking enough to send chills up and down my spine, but never so much that one would mistake it for black. I also really like its jelly-ish finish...it gives the polish this depth and gloss that is just mesmerizing. And as an aside, Illamasqua gets a big high five for how they named this polish. Looking at Rampage, I think of forests and wild things. And not the adorable wild things that will make you king when your mom sends you to bed without dinner for being naughty. I'm talking claws and teeth wild things....like jabberwocky wild. And the word Rampage definitely captures that whole...feeling. I love it.
      Application-wise,  Rampage was pretty good. The formula was an okay thickness and went on fairly nicely. It was a bit streaky on the first two coats, but that is par for the jelly course and nothing that moah polish couldn't fix. By the third coat, things were opaque and by the fourth, Rampage was perfection. My nails did turn out a bit thick, but it's not that noticeable, and I kind of like it. Makes it more...jell-o like. 
     
And that's all I've got for today!! I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!