Friday, November 19, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie

For today, I've got Rescue Beauty Lounge Scrangie, from the Bloggers Collection. 


Scrangie is a mid-range blue-based violet creme base, with green shimmer and somewhat golden iridescent bits on top. You can't really see the golden iridescence..it's pretty subtle, and my camera didn't pick it up. Also, I only said green shimmer because that's what Scrangie said, and she made it, so she would know. Truthfully though, 98% of the time, the shimmer looks blue to me. I only see green when I get rigghttt up in there.

Sunlight, no flash.



Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light no flash.
You can see some of the iridescence in the bottle here.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

       It's difficult to photograph, but Scrangie is a good-looking polish. The base color is pretty and the shimmer is very visible in all lights. I could have done with more of that gold iridescent stuff though. And as far as I can tell, there's nothing else quite like it out there.
But with all that being said, Scrangie is overrated. And not just a little bit. It's hugely overrated. According to most reviews that I read, Scrangie was gonna give me magic and butterflies and shit. This polish was supposed to change my life, but none of that even remotely happened. I was so underwhelmed. And it's not like I didn't try either...I really truly tried to love it. I would look at my hands, open my eyes wide, and command myself, "LOVE IT IT'S BEAUTIFUL EVERYONE SAYS SO". But I can't help how I feel....I am just not moved.
      Application-wise, I wasn't particularly impressed either. The formula was a bit thin and needed three coats to reach opacity. In the pictures, I added one extra coat to see if I could get more out of Scrangie, but it was't necessary, nor did it make a difference. However, the formula was controllable, and it went on smoothly, without bubbling or dragging. And I do high-five it for endurance. I've been wearing it for only two full days, but yesterday, I filed down my nails with it on and it still looks really good.
Bottom line though? I am disappointed.

But that's enough for now.  Have an awesome night!!