Thursday, November 11, 2010

Illamasqua Phallic

          Happy Veteran's Day!! Although I personally believe that war is a terrible waste of time, resources, and human life, I actually like Veteran's Day. People who were/are in the armed forces are so brave and sacrifice so much, and I love that there is a day dedicated to thanking and appreciating them for what they did and what they continue to do for this country. I don't have any war-themed polish in the backlog, but I thought a blue would be fitting,  being on our flag and all. This is Illamasqua Phallic, from the core collection. 


Phallic is a deep, jewel-toned navy blue creme base with multi-sized sapphire blue shimmer. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.



Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

       Phallic is extremely hot. In natural light, it doesn't really look like much, but in the sunlight, it's wow. The base shade is all sexy and deep, but the shimmer sparkles from it like crazy. The contrast between the two elements is absolutely mesmerizing, so Phallic kept a smile on my face all day. And  best of all, it never looks black. Even in low-lighting conditions, I think it's still pretty obvious that this polish is a glorious blue. However, I won't lie to you...as beautiful as Phallic is, it's not especially unique and costs alot of money ($14). I don't regret buying, because it was on sale and I love this color, but I wouldn't call this a must-have for everyone. Unless you love blue shimmer polishes, illamasqua items, penis-themed items, or  know in your heart that you need Phallic in your life, then feel free to skip this one.
   Formula-wise, Phallic was pretty good! It was well-pigmented, applied smoothly and easily, and leveled itself quite nicely. My nails definitely did not paint themselves, but it was about the quality that I'd expect for $14. In the pictures, there are two coats of color and one coat of China Glaze Fast Forward topcoat. And as a side-note, I'd recommend using the shiniest topcoat you've got on this one. The ChG topcoat was not that shiny (for me) and it took alot away from the polish. I put on another layer of Poshe, which was way shinier, and bam...Phallic came to life. Heehee. ^_^