Sunday, November 7, 2010

OPI Absolutely Alice

           Well...it finally happened. I went to turn on my camera this afternoon, only to discover that sometime in the night, it quietly shuffled off this mortal coil. I'm a little sad, because we've been through some thangs together...it was a good camera until it went senile. There's no replacement yet, but until that happens, I have some stuff in my backlog that I can post. Stuff like Absolutely Alice, from OPI's Alice in Wonderland Collection.


Absolutely Alice is a clear base, densely packed with small, square, medium-blue glitter. The blue glitter is interrupted by scattered small, gold glitter. There's kind of alot of it, but in relation to the blue glitter, there isn't. If that makes sense. 


Sunlight, no flash. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.
This picture is color-wise, the most accurate. The others are a bit too bright. 


Sunlight, no flash.
I blurred it a little to show how Absolutely Alice sparkles. 


Sunlight, no flash.

      This was my fifth time wearing Absolutely Alice, which is pretty telling of how much I truly love this polish. It's so beautiful and sparkly...I never get tired of it. ^_^
    But something that I've noticed is that the formula like...progressively gets worse. The first time I tried it, it applied smoothly and nicely. But each time I've tried it since, it's gotten thicker and more difficult. This last time was like...torture. It was so thick that it was opaque in two coats, and kept on gooping up around the neck of the bottle. I'm guessing that the base has been evaporating, but I don't see how, since I've placed my drawers in a place where they are never touched by sunlight and I close my bottles extra tight after every use. In any case, next time I want to wear it, I'll just keep some thinner at hand. 
  
But that's all I've got for tonight. Have a great night!!