Wednesday, November 3, 2010

OPI Pink Me, I'm Good + Goodies!

           Happy hump day! This has been such a rough week already...I'm le tired. But let us speak of happy things. Like my current color, OPI Pink Me, I'm Good. And goodies!! But color first. I don't think Pink Me, I'm Good was part of any official collection, but it was released for Valentine's Day 2010, and was only available at Ulta. I was planning on wearing it for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and then just never got around to it. But while we're on the subject, I wanted to mention that the Breast Cancer Site has extended the challenge to fund 500 mammograms through November,  so please take a moment to click the link at the top of the page. They're almost there! ^_^


Pink Me, I'm Good is a medium strawberry pink jelly base with a ton of medium-sized hex and square opalescent gold glitter. Some of the glitter looks a little coppery, but I'm pretty sure that's because those ones are partially submerged in the jelly. 

Sunlight, no flash.
Please excuse the carnage on my thumb...I had a crack in my nail there and it finally gave out. But it could have been worse, so no complaints here. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
You might have to make this one a little bigger to see what I'm talking about, but at the top of the nail, the glitter is a little bit green and blue, which is why I called it opalescent. Or iridescent. Whatever. 

Natural light, no flash.
Why yes, that is a chip there on my fingah. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      You wanna know what sucks worse than a living lemming? A dead lemming whose ghost taunts you from the great beyond. And that's exactly what Pink Me, I'm Good is for me. I wanted it really bad, and I got it, but now it's laughing at me, because you know what? It's not really all that. Yes, there's jelly goodness, and I love it. Yes, there's glitter and I love that as well. But the glitter doesn't sparkle properly. And it's a little...much for the base. Maybe if it were sparser or smaller, I would like it better.
    But what really makes me mad about Pink Me, I'm Good is the formula. This formula is stunningly bad. I'm not even lying...like I made that first stroke and stopped dead in horror and disbelief. What kind of jelly be this?! It was goopy, thick, and streaky...more like applying old oatmeal than liquid gelatin. So I added thinner, but it didn't help at all. I ended up just globbing on three coats and throwing on topcoat to cover the extreme grittiness from the glitter. And then it had the nerve to to show VNL. Ooh, I was too upset.  I threw two of my children (with perfect formulas) out into the cold (well, not really...they went to a loving home). For this! Oh, my poor lost babies...will you ever forgive me? ;__; 

But on a more positive note, I have goodies!! A few days ago, a sign of the apocalypse appeared: I won a giveaway at Lunatikitty

I got some macadamia nut stuff! And yes, that package on top is opened, because I was munching it and then I realized that it should probably be in the picture. I've never eaten a macadamia nut on its own before, but they're delicious! They taste like the lovechild of a peanut and cashew.

But even better than sustenance, I got nail polish! All the glitters from the Revlon Throw Some Glitter on It Collection are mine! Oh, how my glitter heaux heart sings.
So a giant thank you goes to Elen (she owns Lunatikitty)! I love all my new children. And as I type, the snacks are sitting on my desk trembling in fear, for I mean to devour them one by one.  And they know it in their little nutty hearts.  n_n

Also, my order from the RBL sale came! I'll skip those pictures though, because this is getting too long already.   
And that is all I have today! Have a great evening, ladies!