Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zoya Breezi

         Okay, so in case you were under a rock for all of last week, Zoya had a BOGO to promote the launch of their new summer collections. I joined in on the buying fun, and on Monday, I received my polishes. Yay! One of the ladies that made her way into my home was Breezi, from the Summertime Collection.


Breezi is fairly complicated. Zoya describes it as a soft, dusty, dirty, medium cerulean blue creme, which is actually very accurate.
What is not accurate are these pictures...in real life, Breezi is a bit darker and much dustier.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Breezi is the only color from this collection that I saw and immediately knew that I had to have. I feel like Zoya almost never does blue, but when they do, they do it so so right, and Breezi is no exception. It's a really compelling and pretty shade of blue, with just enough green in there to make a statement. The smokiness also adds a certain je ne sais quoi and gives Breezi this...faded, favorite pair of jeans look that Zoya mentioned in the color description. To be fair, I own very few blue cremes, but Breezi is my new favorite one. 
    Application was super easy too. I only needed two coats of color to get full opacity and they went on  super smoothly. No dragging, no bubbling, no streaking....just creme-y goodness. Zoya did a great job with this one, and if you only get one polish from the Summertime Collection, please make it Breezi. 

And with that, I'm all done for today. Thanks for reading!!

ETA: So a couple of people have asked in the comments how OPI's Suzi Says Feng Shui and Breezi compare, but since I skipped SSFS, I couldn't give a definite answer. Happily though, the wonderful BMR from Doing My Nails busted out a great side by side comparison of the two. Take a look: Zoya Breezi vs. OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui