Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moah Greens! (For Less Green)

   Yep, more greens. Because they are wonderful and warm my heart. ^_^


First is Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade.


 Jumpin' Jade is a deep jade green base with lighter green shimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I purchased Jumpin Jade to avoid buying MAC Jade Dragon, and although I'm fairly sure that they aren't exact dupes, I am well satisfied, yea verily. The color is so pretty and the polish has this beautiful opulence and glow to it that I really like. My only real complaint about it would be the terrible name....they couldn't do better than Jumpin' Jade? Forreal though? :/
   Since this guy is part of the Insta-Dri line, the formula is fairly thick and really well-pigmented. I only needed two coats for full coverage, and really, someone could probably get away with one coat. It also dried really fast, although it needed topcoat for shine. 

Next is Wet n Wild Morbid. 


Morbid is a really dark, kind of mossy, blue-based green with lighter green and blue shimmer.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Morbid is amazing. It's so...cancerous and wicked looking, and although cancer and wickedness are normally awful things, when they meet polish, they become beautiful. As well as the base color, I love the shimmer...it catches the light so nicely when it's sunny and glows from the base when it's not. It's just a shame that Morbid is part of the Craze line, because it means that you only get a little bit of this awesome color at a time and it's in that terrible bottle with that horrible cap. I wish they could make it part of the core line and put it in a normal bottle.
     Despite the awkward application from trying to maneuver that stupid, stubby brush and round cap, Morbid's formula was surprisingly easy to work with. It went on easily and smoothly, and the pigmentation was great. I used two coats of color and one layer of topcoat in the pictures, and the coverage is perfect. Add in the ultra-cheap price and the availability of Morbid, and I really think that you can't go wrong with this deliciously macabre shade. 

Finally, we have New York Summer Amaranth. 


Amaranth is a bright grass green jelly. It was hard to capture the brightness in the pictures though, so it's really brighter than what you see. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Amaranth puts such a smile on my face. It's just such an adorable and cheery shade of green, I think it looks awesome on me (yeahhh conceited moment) and of course, I love the fun squishy finish.
     Also fun was the formula on Amaranth...despite it being a jelly, I only needed three coats to get the coverage in the pictures, and the polish applied smoothly with no streaks, dragging or other such tomfoolery. The only issue I faced with Amaranth was that it dried matte, but that easily rectified with a layer of topcoat. 


   This particular grouping of polishes may seem random, but I chose to put them all together because they're all nice and cheap! None of these polishes are over $5, yet all of them are beautiful colors with great formulas, proving that you can celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a cute nail color on any budget. n_n


And that's all I've got for tonight! Thanks for reading!!