Sunday, February 6, 2011

Zoya Luna

          I've been wearing Across the Universe since Wednesday, but because of tipwear, it finally had to come off. So I replaced it with another glitter-fest, Zoya Luna from the Ultra Glitter Collection. 


Luna is a sheer dove grey creme base, packed with small silver hex glitter.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Luna is such a strange polish. It's quite unique and definitely won't appeal to everyone. When I first put it on, I didn't like it...the texture after drying was lumpy and tummy churning. But after a couple coats of topcoat and an hour or so, it really began to grow on me. There's just something so pretty about the sheen of the silver glitter (it doesn't sparkle) combined with the pale color of the base. It definitely reminds me of the moon. 
    Luna's formula really surprised me...I thought it would apply like cold oatmeal, but it was the exact opposite. The formula was actually quite thin, went on smoothly and was reasonably pigmented, becoming opaque in three coats. I needed to wait between coats, or else there was dragging, but besides that, there was nothing troublesome about applying Luna. Luna did dry gritty and rough, but two coats of topcoat made it shiny and considerably smoothed the roughness. 

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading and have a great Sunday!