Friday, February 18, 2011

BB Couture Love Bug

         For today, I've got Love Bug from BB Couture's Ladybug Collection. 


Love Bug is a super squishy rose pink jelly base with tons of opalescent microglitter suspended in it. The base color here is too dark, but the other pictures are accurate. I could not really capture the glitter, but it's super tiny and delicate, and shows mostly pale green and gold, although I've managed to get blue out of it  at the right angle. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, gentle flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

      Love Bug is  without a doubt the cutest polish in my collection. From the base color, to the squishy finish, to the tiny glitter, right down to the name, it is ridiculously, almost sickeningly cute, and I love it. Like, if it were a Pokemon, it'd be Jigglypuff. Or even Igglybuff, which is cuter than Jigglypuff. Does it not scream some sort of -puff? It's just so girly and sweet, and it makes me feel the same way when I have it on. Love Bug was one of my first BB Couture lemmings, and I'm so happy that it did not disappoint, especially because BB Couture is a bit on the pricey side for me.
    However, Love Bug's formula confuses me. The first time I wore it, it was like...sticky and gross and my nails were streaky and disgustingly thick. Just horrible. But the next go round, it went on really easily. It was a bit streaky, but that evened out fine. So idk what to tell you on that one. I can tell you that I needed three coats to reach relative opacity though. I can still see a hint of VNL, but that's par for the course with jellies, so I'm cool with it.

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading! ^_^