Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Under the Stars (Take Two)

          Okay, so today, I'm reposting Rescue Beauty Lounge Under the Stars. I've written something on this color before, but I kind of hate the pictures on that one, so I decided to take another crack at it. These ones are not the best either, but they look better, I think. Oh yeah, and there will probably be more of these types of posts coming...I noticed that lots of my older pictures suck more than what is normal for me. So sorry if that displeases you. I'll space them out with newer stuff.  

Under the Stars is a deep and slightly dusty navy blue creme base with blue shimmer and small teal glitter scattered throughout.


Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


     Under the Stars looks much better in the bottle than on the nail. In the bottle, the shimmer and glitter are so intense that it's like holding the Milky Way in the palm of your hand. You can still see a bit of that on the nail, particularly if you wear this polish in bright sunlight, but it isn't nearly as prominent, which is a bummer.That aside, Under the Stars is a good color. The base is not the usual type of navy that you see in most night sky interpretations...it's a bit smoky and leans a smidge teal, which makes it look (in my opinion) more realistic and sets it apart from other shimmery dark blues. I think these pictures make it look a bit more typical, but if you look at the third picture, that one shows the base color best. It's really pretty, and bonus: it doesn't look black in lower light. 
    I also enjoyed Under the Stars' formula. It was excellently pigmented, and looked perfect in two thin coats. You would be able to get away with one thick one, if you were careful. Also, Under the Stars applied beautifully, with no streaking or dragging. 
    Although Under the Stars is definitely a high quality polish, I probably would not pay $18 for it. I got it at half price, which was quite fair. I'd probably even pay up to $12 for it, just because it is unusual, and the formula is so wonderful. But for me, $18 is a bit too much for this polish. 

And with that, I am all done for today. Thanks for reading, and have a great day! ^_^