Saturday, February 26, 2011

China Glaze White Cap

        For today, I have China Glaze White Cap from the Anchors Away Collection. 


White Cap is a very sheer ivory base, stuffed with gold iridescent glass fleck shimmer. As well as gold, the shimmer shows bits of orange and lime green, depending on the light. I couldn't capture it in the pictures but you can definitely see it in person.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I felt so irritated with my camera while trying to take pictures of White Cap, because it just could not pick up the details in the polish. So the pictures are lame, but White Cap is awesomeness. In person, the shimmer catches the light and gives the nails this lovely golden sheen.  Within the sheen, you can see the individual bits of gold, orange, and green shimmer sparkling. It's so lovely, and made my nails look like abalone shells on crack. Another plus is that the golden iridescence kind of cuts and softens  the whiteness of the polish, making it much more palatable for people like me, who can't really get with white polish. China Glaze really did a great job with this one.
   I also found White Cap's formula agreeable. It's extremely sheer, and my nails are gross and stained, so I prepped them with one coat of Seche Ridge Filling Base and one coat of Essie Limo-Scene. Then, I applied three coats of White Cap, followed by one layer of topcoat. Even though it was kind of alot of work, I didn't mind, because White Cap was quite easy to work with. It wasn't streaky or draggy and even though the formula was thin, it wasn't watery or uncontrollable. I really think that White Cap would make a great addition to anyone's polish collection...it's so versatile and pretty.


And that is all I've got for today! Thanks for reading!