Friday, February 25, 2011

Color Club Revealed

     For today, I've got Color Club Revealed, from the Alter Ego Collection. 

Revealed is a peachy-pink creme base with super secret rose pink microshimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Lately, I've been craving these more demure shades, and Revealed is a cute one. It's soft and pretty, and pastel without being chalky or stark. I also liked how it made my nails look perfect...they seemed longer and squarer with this polish on. But I did not like how I could barely see Revealed's shimmer. It shows up fine in the bottle, and I expected it to be subtle on the nail, but it ended up being invisible, which sucks. It's such a lovely color of shimmer in its own right, and looks particularly nice with the base color. Why would they not want people to see it? o_O
   I also hated Revealed's formula. It has that weird sticky-thick syndrome and went on in streaky patches. The pigmentation wasn't that bad, because it was opaque in three coats, but I ended up having to dab polish into the bald spots, and then applying one more thick coat to try to even up the streaks. Luckily, with the help of topcoat, Revealed dried to a fairly smooth and creamy finish, but that doesn't negate the nightmare of applying it.  
   Even though Revealed is inexpensive and I love me some Color Club, I have to say that this one was a bit of a fail. If I could do it again knowing what I know now, I'd definitely put that $2.50 towards something else.  Like a sammich.  n_n

And that's all I've got for today. Thanks for reading, and have a beautiful Friday!