Saturday, February 12, 2011

NARS Tokaido Express

           For today, I've got NARS Tokaido Express, which was released with their Fall 2009 collection. I hadn't heard of it until Sephora had their F&F Sale last year, and I had to go hunting for something to buy. But once I saw it, I knew it had to be mine. 


Tokaido Express is a vampy plum creme base with a ton of small gold, amethyst, blue and red shimmer. In person, you see mostly the gold, although you can see the other colors in sunlight. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
This one shows the shimmer colors a bit better.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
Ugh, I really over-filed my ring finger. It looks so crazy. ;_;

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

          I really like Tokaido Express...it's pretty much what I wanted Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine to be. It has this beautiful plum base, with just a hint of brown to it, and the shimmer perfectly accents the base coat. It's not flashy shimmer, but you can always see it. In sunlight, it shows different colors and in lower light, it just looks gold. However, it still looks awesome, because it kind of floats on top and gives the polish this gorgeous depth and sense of luxury. Like really fine velvet.
         Formula-wise, Tokaido Express was problem free. It was opaque in two ultra smooth coats, and dried quickly, with no bubbling or other such polish tomfoolery. It had a glossy finish on its own, but I'd still recommend using a really glossy topcoat to get the most out of it.

And that is all I've got for today. My professors are determined to kill me with homework this weekend, so I'm gonna go to the slaughter now. Thanks for reading, and have a great Saturday! I know I won't. :(