Sunday, February 20, 2011

China Glaze Below Deck

         After like weeks of glitter and shimmer, it was time to cleanse my palate. That desire, combined with my new resolution to at least make an effort to keep up with the polish world, made me put on Below Deck, from China Glaze's recently released Anchors Away Collection. 


Below Deck is a taupey-lavenderish-greyish creme.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Below Deck is such a weird color. It's like...if taupe and grey both had a thing with lavender, and then lavender had Below Deck. But lavender couldn't tell who the daddy was just by looking at baby Below Deck, because it looks like both of them, so everyone had to go on Maury. That's what it's like. But despite its convoluted and scandalous origins, I like Below Deck. It's subdued without boring, and I don't really have many of this type of polish, so it fills a big gap in my collection.
   And I have to give China Glaze a high five for Below Deck's formula. They did such a good job! It was so creamy and smooth, and went on so nicely with no streaking or dragging. The pigmentation was also excellent, and Below Deck reached opacity in only two coats. I added a layer of topcoat for shine, and the whole thing dried really fast. In the pictures, I feel like it looks like there were leveling issues, but that was from my topcoat, not Below Deck. 

And that is all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a happy Sunday! ^_^