Sunday, February 13, 2011

Illamasqua Baptiste

     For today, I've got Illamasqua Baptiste, from their core collection. 

Baptiste is a royal purple base with blue and reddish-purple shimmer. I also feel like there's some iridescent micro-shimmer in there somewhere, but it's entirely possible that I made that up.
P.S. These pictures have been corrected for color accuracy.

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Ahh, Baptiste is such a perfect purple. It's just so glowy and pretty. In sunlight, the shimmer really dazzles and in lower light, Baptiste takes on a darker, vampier shade without ever looking black.  When I saw Baptiste in the bottle, I was a little bit mad because it looked like a regular purple shimmer. I was scared that it would end up as another dupe to China Glaze Let's Groove, but it turns out I was happily wrong.  It doesn't look like much on the bottle, but once on the nail, Baptiste really impressed. Iwould like to do a comparison (they're so much fun! n_n) but I can already say that I own nothing quite like Baptiste.
     Formula-wise, Baptiste was easy peasy and lived up to my expectations for a $14 polish. It was opaque in two easily-applied coats, and with the help of some topcoat, it dried pretty quickly. 

But that's all I've got for today!! Thanks for reading!