Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Zoya Jules

         For today, I have Jules, from Zoya's recently released Intimates Collection. 

Jules is a taupe-champagne and slightly frosty metallic base with tons of fine gold and silver shimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      Jules reminds me of elderly people. I know that can be construed as an insult, but I don't mean it like that...just when I looked at it, I was like omg, this looks like an old lady. Maybe because of the frostiness...it just looks really old-fashioned and vintage-y. But anyway, Jules is a pretty one. In sunlight, it's very shimmery and in lower light, you can see all these little gold and silver speckles in it...it kind of makes me think of brocade cloth too:


    Alas, Julie looks a hot mess on me. It would look great on someone with lighter skin and incredible on someone with darker skin, but unfortunately, I feel like my skin is that perfect tone for it to just look a hot mess on me. 
    Formula-wise, Jules was okay. A bit thick, but workable. I would suggest using as few strokes as possible and waiting a little bit between coats for the smoothest finish. I actually had to apply Jules twice because I had crazy brushstrokes and bubbles the first time, and the above modifications to my technique helped a ton. Jules was also very well-pigmented and was opaque in two coats, which is what I used in the pictures. 

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have an awesome day! ^_^