Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Diamond Cosmetics Starshine

    Hey guys!! I know I haven't posted in a while, and I'm sorry about that...I've been running around getting stuff and packing up for school and I literally have had no time for nails. I've actually been rocking naked nubbins for almost a week now, so I haven't even had anything to  show you guys. I did find these lurking in a corner of my picture folder though and I haven't seen too many swatches of this color floating around, so I thought I would post them. Here's Diamond Cosmetics Starshine, from their most recent winter collection. 

Starshine is a dark and slightly frosty shimmery navy blue base with lighter blue microglitter.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


     I actually bought Starshine hoping it would be a more ramped-up version of RBL's Under the Stars, but I was wrong wrong wrong. It's more frosty and the little flecks of blue microshimmer are even less obvious here than they are in UtS. However, I still really like Starshine. The color is pretty and the hint of frost really makes me think of a really clear wintry night. In the woods someplace. Or maybe on a lake. Idk. 
    Formula-wise, Starshine was okay. Not too thin or too thick, it was opaque in three coats and dried pretty quickly. I did find that it was a tad bit brushtrokey, but I'm not the best nail polish applier, so that could actually be my fault. 

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a nice evening!
P.S. I promise that for the next post, I will try to find something bright and cheerful. Even I'm getting tired of all these dark colors around here.