Thursday, August 11, 2011

Color Club Snakeskin

    Hey peeps! For today, I have Snakeskin from Color Club's Untamed Luxury Collection. 

Snakeskin is a slightly frosty green-toned pewter base studded with tons of gold microglitter

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Snakeskin is fab. I really like the slightly grungy quality of the base and the microglitter gives it a luxe feel that really makes it at home with the rest of the collection. I also love how Color Club managed to imbue the shade with a snakeskinness without making it too literal. Like, it doesn't have the visual texture of snakeskin, but you can see where the inspiration comes in. My only sadness is that these pictures definitely do not do Snakeskin justice, so at some point, I'll have to take another run at it. 
   But anywho, Snakeskin wasn't particularly tough to apply. I did have a bit of an issue with brushtrokes and bubbles, but I'm willing to chalk that up to user error because I rushed this swatch a bit. Next time, I'll just take more time and it'll probably turn out better. On the upside, Snakeskin was really opaque...I only needed two coats to get full coverage, and it dried quickly to boot. ^_^

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading and have a happy Friday!!