Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OPI Austin-tatious Turquoise

For today, I have OPI Austin-tatious Turquoise, from the Texas Collection. 



Pictures and stuff after the jump!



Austin-tatious Turquoise is a ton of small and vibrant turquoise shimmer in a sheer blue-green base. The shimmer is also mildly duochromatic, and will flash purple, which you can see in the bottom of the nail if you look really close.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 
Sorry about this one, it won't go the right way. -__-

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

        I was really shocked at how much I love Austin-tatious Turquoise. Initially, I didn't think it would be that great and only bought it because I was high on shop-lust and just wanted to buy stuff. But yay for shop-lust, because this was a great pickup. In sunlight, Austin-tatious Turquoise has this gorgeous sparkle and shine...it's like wearing aquamarines on your fingertips. And in lower light, it takes on a fantastic, vaguely metallic glow, and you can see individual bits of shimmer glimmering from the rest of the polish. It's wonderful to look at...so soothing. I love this one...the only way I could think to improve it color-wise would be to give it more duochrome. If that faint purple duochrome was just a bit stronger (think Bad Fairy's duochrome) Austin-tatious Turquoise would be so much better. As it is, that hint of purple that only shows up with the perfect combination of hand position and lighting is just frustrating. Also frustrating? Writing the name...why the hyphen? ;__;
    In terms of application, Austin-tatious Turquoise was not very bad, although it sure wasn't fun. The formula was quite sheer, and I needed four coats to get the coverage in the pictures. I also needed to wait several minutes between coats to avoid dragging, and I needed to be particularly mindful of applying polish to my tips, or it had that terrible naked tip look. On the upside, the formula was ultra-smooth, and was easy to apply and build. Dry time was also quite good. 

And that is all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a happy hump day! ^_^