Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe

           Yesterday was my birthday...it was pretty lame. I went to work, went to class, and then collapsed into bed. But before all that happened, I wanted to pick a really festive and gorgeous color to celebrate what was gonna be a glorious occasion. My first thought was Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe, but that stupid polish miser in my heart was like...no...you should save it for a special occasion. I don't know why I thought that....if 20 years on Earth isn't a special enough occasion to bust it out, then I don't know what would be.


Pictures and opinions (I'll keep it brief) after the jump!



Across the Universe is large sky blue and emerald green hex glitter and small cobalt blue hex glitter suspended in a navy blue jelly base. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.




Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       Across the Universe is gorgeousss....the best blue in my collection, hands down. In the bottle, I get the whole cosmos influence, but on the nail, it just looks really ocean-y. The glitter is the shiny kind and not the sparkly kind, so it looks like fish scales. And the base is all deep and sexy, like the darkest part of the ocean. If Ariel from The Little Mermaid went goth, she'd rock this color. 
     In terms of application, Across the Universe was fine. It was easy to get the hex glitter on my nail, although I would recommend using as few strokes as possible and keeping your hand really light on the brush, to get the stuff on there evenly. In the pictures, there are three coats, and I'm really happy with the coverage that I got. I also used two layers of topcoat, which helped smooth the polish considerably, although not all the way. I'm actually pretty excited to try layering with Across the Universe...I'd love to do one coat of it over Illamasqua Phallic. 

Bottom line: Across the Universe is a must have for people who love blue glitter. It costs alot yeah, but if you catch a sale at Beauty.com, it won't hurt so much. And even at full price, this puppy is worth every single penny. Yeah, I said it. u_u

But that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading and have a beautiful day! ^_^