Thursday, February 17, 2011

China Glaze Crushed Candy (Quick and Dirty Edition)

         Oh man, I am sick of crackle polish. I feel like that's all I've been hearing about for like the past month...even Oprah is talking about it. Ahh it's driving me crazy. So when my own China Glaze Crackle Glaze polishes arrived yesterday, I felt annoyed with them and tossed them unopened into a corner of my room. I woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn't go back the sleep, so I decided to open the box and try out Crushed Candy. Instead of studying for my midterm. 


Crushed Candy is a Tiffany-blue crackle polish in a creme finish.
Underneath, I have on three coats of OPI La Paz-itively Hot Matte.

Florescent light, no flash.

Florescent light, with flash.

Florescent light, no flash.
Doesn't it kind of look like sunlight though?

Florescent light, no flash.

Florescent light, with flash.
The color in the bottle is accurate...the color on the nail is a bit too sky blue. 

     Even though I'm sick to death of this stuff, I have to admit that I really really like Crushed Candy. The color is pretty, and will make for lots of great color combos. I really want to try it over China Glaze Lighthouse...yellow and blue look so nice together. I was also pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the pattern that it made...I thought I preferred the look of the ones from Born Pretty, but this pattern looks really cool too.  
   As far as formula goes, Crushed Candy was not bad...it was fairly thick, but that's okay, because you don't really want a smooth finish with Crushed Candy. It's just gonna crack up anyway, so streaks and stuff don't matter. What I did was just to put a little bit on the brush and focus on covering the whole nail in one go, without overlapping. It dried almost instantly, and I gave it like ten or fifteen minutes to crack up all the way before applying topcoat. I wanted small chunks, so I tried to make the coats as thin as I possibly could and I liked how it came out. On my right hand, I used thicker coats, and ended up with thicker lines and larger chunks. It also looks nice, but I like the smaller chunks better.

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have an awesome Thursday! ^_^