Thursday, June 21, 2012

Born Pretty Ylin Mood Polish #7

Hey guys!
Long time, no see huh? This job search thing has been sucking up all my time and depressing the shit out of me, so I haven't been doing my nails or anything. I just hope the end of the tunnel is in sight soon. x_x
But anyway, I recently received something from the amazing Nicole at Born Pretty that really helped cheer me up. This is Ylin Mood Polish #7, or as listed on the website, New Magic Purple/Sky Blue Color Changing Mood Nail Polish Nail Art #7

When it's warm, the polish is sky blue and when it's cold, the polish is a nice lavender. I have a very warm body and short nails, so here's how it looks on me most of the time. 

Natural light, no flash.

And here's what it looks like after a dip in ice. 

And here are some shots of it in between:








     Okay, so visually, I love this polish. Both the blue and purple are beautiful on their own, and when they are transitioning, create this awesome gradient effect. And the color-changing thing happens so quickly and effortlessly. I did a demonstration for my sisters with some ice, and they were all really amazed at it. So based on how it looks and works, I would 100% recommend it to anyone. I think it would be really cool to konad over it too, so stay tuned for that.
    However, application was a little bit tricky. The formula was pretty thin and watery, so I needed four coats to get full coverage and I had to go really carefully and slowly to get it to not have bald patches. It also didn't wear too well, maybe because the formula was so thin. But layering it and making sure to use a top notch topcoat would probably solve those problems. 

But that's all from me today!
Thanks for reading, and have an awesome Thursday!